Fall Window Treatments: Using Blackout Curtains To Weather
the Changing Seasons
Bring color, beauty and warmth into your home this autumn with new window treatments. There are many ways you can change the look and feel of rooms throughout your home with the right fall curtains. Use these tips and ideas to get inspired for your fall look!
Use Beautiful and Functional Blackout Curtains
Adding blackout curtains to spruce up your decor can not only create a gorgeous new look, but will help you save big on energy costs during chilly fall days. As the temperatures dip, blackout curtains help retain heat and keep your home warm and cozy. Blackout curtains can help save up to 25 percent in energy costs, making them a functional as well as attractive choice. They also have the advantage of giving you added privacy.
Trendy Fall Color Choices
If you want a modern look, you can choose from among trendy fall color choices for your curtains and drapes. Popular options are bold shades of red, green, blue, yellow, purple and orange. Other on-trend colors include more muted shades of grey and blue, as well as warm neutral colors in tan and brown hues. Nearly neutrals like Taffy Pink and Eggnog, as well as rich jewel shades like Aubergine and Spiced Berry, also make great choices for fall.
Favorite Autumn Curtain Colors
No matter what trends the seasons bring, there are plenty of fall curtain and drape colors that stand the test of time. These include shades that mimic the beauty of the falling leaves, like reds, oranges, yellows, golds, and shades of tan or brown. Consider colors such as the following for your blackout curtains:
- Amber Gold
- Navajo Rust
- Tango Red
- Brick Red
- New Fawn
- Classic Taupe
- Warm Black
- Hunter Green
Create a New Look With Texture
The texture of your window treatments plays a big role in the overall look and style of any room. There are blackout curtains in a wide range of shades and fabrics, each with their own aesthetics so you can choose the one that fits your decor and what you want the space to reflect. For example:
- Velvet blackout curtains add warmth and have tremendous versatility. Depending on the room design and other furniture and decor, they can work with anything from casual eclectic styles to more elegant and formal rooms.
- Bellino Textured blackout curtains have a distinctive texture and beautiful flow and drape ideal for bedrooms, living spaces and more.
- Silk Taffeta curtains add a unique elegance and sophistication, and they come in solid and patterned designs for more style options to fit your tastes.
- Vintage-texture fabrics like Faux Dupioni Silk are also available in blackout curtains and offer a luxurious-looking option.
- Tie-Up Shades have a soft fabric and simple feel perfect for smaller windows or door cutouts.
Thanks to modern curtain designs, you’re not relegated to just choosing patterns with an explicit fall theme. Instead, take your cue from the beautiful modern prints and patterns that let you create an autumn look that meets your needs, whether it’s a whimsical watercolor pattern, a trendy geometric design or a sophisticated print in classic fall colors with a more traditional feel.
Complete the Look
Once you’ve decided on the perfect fall window treatments, don’t stop there. Add accents and linens like cushion covers, tablecloths and even new sheet sets to create your own signature seasonal style this fall!