Are you looking for new window fashions, but don't know where to start? Well, you're in luck! Recently, HGTV.com spelled out some of the top styles, trends and fixtures that can help take your windows from drab to fab. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the right window fashions can also cut heating costs and retain warmth in the cold winter months, as well as block out harmful UV-rays in the summer. Take a look at some of the most popular trends for your curtains and drapes:
- Grommets: Give it up for grommets! This style of pleating is expected to make a big splash in 2014. Grommets are not only decorative, chic and crisp, but they are also quite practical in the home. For instance, if you have curtains that can be hooked on a track, grommets allow these coverings to open and close more easily.
- Length: When it comes to window coverings, floor-length fashions are all the rage. These fixtures help create a dramatic vibe and look, which is especially great in fancier rooms, such as the dining room. However, the key to maintaining long drapes is to ensure that the bottoms, which often brush the floor, don't get too dirty. Be sure to dust your dining room frequently. Even though elaborate drapes require regular maintenance, nothing beats their grand elegance.
- Patterns: Feel free to get creative when selecting window fashions for your home. Although solid colors can help create visual harmony in your living room, patterns really jazz up your space! Experiment with various hues, textures and designs. If you don't want to change up your décor frequently, look for patterns that never go out of style, including plaids, florals and stripes. To keep your living room cohesive, use neutral colored furniture to balance out vibrant prints.
- Rods: When it comes to decorating windows, homeowners tend to overlook the rods, but these features are quite crucial in making your window fashions come together. However, just because rods are a necessity doesn't mean that you have to go overboard with decorative and tacky shapes. In fact, 2014's top trend is simple hardware. Designers are moving away from clunky metal fixtures in favor of chic and sophisticated fashions. The key to achieving this look is to know what type of vibe you want to exude. For instance, if you're going to a vintage motif, antique bronze rods are the way to go. If you want a more modern look, polished nickel or chrome fixtures are your best bet.
- Holdbacks: "Look for hardware that complements your window treatments, instead of competing with them. Holdbacks with the look of antique crystal or lace will add a touch of elegance to a drapery," writes Jeanine Hays of HGTV.com. "Or if you have an industrial interior, look for holdbacks with a geometric pattern."
Styling your windows doesn't always have to break the bank! If you're looking for affordable, but stylish, window fashions, look no further than Half Price Drapes! Our easy-to-use website boasts a wide array of materials, colors and patterns to choose from.