Spring has (almost) sprung! Most of the country has been faced with a harsh winter this year, filled with polar vortices and unstoppable snow. However, we are finally on the upswing! The days are getting longer and birds have begun chirping, proving that spring has almost arrived. It's time to get your home ready for the upcoming change of seasons. Take a look at some of our top design tips, which will ensure that your house is in great shape for spring!
- Floral motifs: Nothing says springtime quite like blooming flowers. Even though the tulips aren't in bloom just let, you can still introduce visions of spring to your home by using floral themed décor. For instance, floral draperies never go out of style and can add a feminine touch to any room in your home.
- Fresh coat of paint: It's time to kiss drab and dark colors goodbye in favor of bright and lively hues! As we've mentioned before on this blog, radiant orchid and cobalt blue are right on trend for spring 2014. However, if you think these shades are too bold for a whole room, try painting an accent wall instead. Accent walls are also trending this year and can help exude your one-of-a-kind personality within the home.
- Mix and match: "For a more substantial yet still easy makeover, start with two new accents for the room, such as new window treatments and a rug," writes a blogger for Better Homes and Gardens. "Match a paint color to your new duds (it's easier to match paint colors to fabric and accessories than the other way around) and with just three things, you can have a brand-new room."
- One-of-a-kind trinkets: Now that the weather has finally started to warm up, it's the perfect time to shop thrift stores and flea markets for original home accessories. This year, vibrant patterns such as Chevron will be all the rage. Pick up some stylish throw pillows to add a unique flair to your living room. You can even search for out-of-the-box items, such as a bird cage, which can give your home a vintage vibe.
- Sheer window fashions: Now that the sun is beginning to set later, it's time to let the light in! Sheer draperies are a great way to allow sunlight to flourish while still adding style to your windows. For an array of styles to choose from, browse our website!
- Spring cleaning: Now is a great time to go ahead with your spring cleaning. You don't want to be bogged down with a laundry list of chores when the weather finally warms up completely. Get your spring cleaning tasks–such as organizing your closet–done now instead. This way, when spring officially arrives you can spend your days going on a hike or indulging in a bowl of ice cream!
For more home design tips be sure to follow our blog or stop by our website! You don't have to lighten your wallet to stay stylish in the home. Half Price Drapes can help you stay on trend and on budget all season long!