21 Trendy Fall Curtain Colors
Transform your home this autumn with trendy fall curtain colors and styles that are warm, cozy, and inviting. It doesn’t take much to create a stylish look that has an incredible fall feel — just follow these simple trends and tips for curtains that your family and friends will love.
Get Autumn Elegance
If you are looking for a way to create an ambiance that has an elegant, sophisticated feel, there are several colors to consider this fall for your curtains. You can get a rich fall feel by focusing on deep colors and sleek neutrals. You may want to experiment with beautiful deluxe tab curtain styles in the following shades:
- Gray— Ideal for a soothing, sophisticated feel, a neutral shade goes well with almost any autumn decor. You can choose a lighter shade for a more understated look, or a dark gray for a stronger visual impact.
- Navy— Darker colors are in when it comes to an elegant fall look, and you can keep it fresh by choosing a navy hue to complement a living, dining, or guest room.
- Soft purple— A curtain done in soft purple has a majestic yet cozy vibe that works beautifully for a seasonal look.
- Gold— Rich gold and deep yellow shades exude elegance. While they are technically in the warm color family, many shades are neutral enough to work with most decor.
- Rust— Rust is a rich, inviting shade that adds warmth to any room.
Playful Autumn Curtain Colors
If your decorating style leans more towards eclectic or playful, or if there are certain rooms in the home you want to lend a more playful vibe to, there are plenty of autumn curtain colors that will do the trick. Consider the following for a more whimsical feel:
- Basil green— Evoking a fun, homey, and beautiful feel, a basil green curtain has the perfect balance of bright and muted color that make it playful yet beautiful. Choose it for dining rooms, kitchens, playrooms, and more.
- Deep orange— Deep orange shades that mimic autumn sunsets, delicious paprika spice, cinnamon, and pumpkin will all work perfectly for a gorgeous decor scheme.
- Dandelion gold— Soft and pretty, this shade will warm up your home this autumn in a fun way.
- Mocha— You’ll think of cozy autumn mornings with a great mocha curtain color.
- Spiced berry— Rich red shades like spiced berry add a bright touch to any room.
Neutral Fall Curtain Trends
Neutral colors are always on trend for winter. Whether your style leans toward lighter neutral colors or darker ones, there are plenty of popular shades to show off as the weather begins to cool.
- Classic tan— The understated, stylish appeal of classic shades of tan makes for a popular look that won’t compete with your other fall decor.
- Mushroom— This elegant gray shade looks sleek and makes a great modern fall curtain look.
- Java or coffee— A rich, warming shade, browns in coffee-like colors create a cozy feel.
- Black— From jet black to dark gravel shades, black looks sophisticated for fall. Use it in a room where you normally have light color curtains in the spring and summer months for a dramatic transformation.
Metallic shades add a high level of visual interest and make a big impact on the overall look of a room. Because they tend to have a heavier look than sheers or light curtain colors, they work beautifully for fall. Metallic shades to consider this season include:
- Gold— This hue looks especially gorgeous when paired with an embroidered look.
- Silver— If you prefer a cooler shade, a silver color makes a sophisticated choice.
- Gold and red— Gold paired with red can create a subtle impact, such as handwoven gold with a red background, or can be a more dramatic look with bold gold and red stripes.
Multicolored Curtains for Fall
You don’t have to stick to a single solid shade if you are planning on updating your fall decor. There are lots of on-trend choices when it comes to multicolored window treatments as well. Consider the following contemporary color pairings for your seasonal update:
- Slate and off-white— The contrast of a warm off-white and a cool slate gray creates a unique look that transitions well from summer to fall.
- Blue and beige— This is another warm and cool contrast that makes a great transitional look.
- Black and cognac— For an upscale drape style that has more visual interest than a solid color, a rich black and cognac color is a great option.
- Rust and white— If you want to open up a room and brighten it, yet still retain an autumn feel, choose a curtain pattern that incorporates white and a warm, deep shade like rust.
Decor Colors for Great Autumn Style
Choosing stylish decor colors to update your curtains in autumn will make a warm seasonal change that brings your home to life. Whether you prefer deep colors or warm neutrals, there are options for every home.